Columbia Government Scholarships are established and administered with the goal of attracting bright students from all over the world to Columbia to pursue their educational goals. The program offers an opportunity to an outstanding education in one of Latin America’s leading countries with a focus on developing financial aid and cultural exchange.
A widely desired opportunity for international students wishing to further their studies is the Columbia University Scholarship Program. The program, which is supported by the government of Columbia, is designed to attract outstanding students from a variety of backgrounds to study at Columbia’s esteemed universities and research institutes. The program enables students to immerse themselves in the bright Columbian culture while following their academic goals by offering financial aid and a friendly learning environment.
This goal might come true for international students due to the Columbian University Scholarship Program. The program opens the door to great study possibilities in Columbia with considerable financial assistance and a wide selection of academic fields and degree levels.
- State: Columbia, USA
- Host University: Higher Public and Private Institutions of Columbia
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- University letter of pre-admission or final admission
- Academic recommendation letter
- Migration movement certificate
- transcript certification for undergraduate or graduate studies
- Copy of current passports
- Copies of academic degrees or diplomas
- CV or resume
- Certificate health
- Professional experience certificate
NOTE: On the ICETEX platform, all applications must be filed by June 12th, 2023. Documents won’t be considered if they aren’t received by the dates specified and agreed upon in the Call.
- Being a foreign national
- Not be a citizen of Colombia.
- Not currently living in Colombian territory, nor having lived there for the previous six months before to applying for the scholarship, or already studying there at the time of application to the corresponding call.
- In the event that they are chosen, students must enter Colombian territory with a Certificate of Migratory Movements that has a date no older than 30 days.
- Neither a marriage nor a de facto relationship are allowed in Colombia.
- Not having received ICETEX benefits under the Beca Colombia program.
- Not be more than fifty years old.
- To apply for the call, you must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 4.0 out of 5.0. The note must be at least 4.0 on the Colombian scale, which corresponds to each nation’s grading scale. *To present the postgraduate average is invalid.
- Possess a graduate, undergraduate, or professional degree in any field of study.
- Acceptance into at least one to three postgraduate programs from the Academic Offer Catalogue 2023-24 that is attached to this notification. If you apply for Spanish classes, the institution that is delivering the course will suspend your admission.
- Possess excellent bodily and mental health, as attested by a physician.
Fields of Study
Perfectioning of Spanish, Specialization, Master’s and PhD/ Doctorate Programs in all Fields.
The following benefits are waiting for selected students under Colombia Scholarship:
- Tuition fee
- Health policy/ medical insurance
- Courtesy visa
- Living expenses/ monthly support
- Installation expenses
- Expenses of books and materials
- Unforeseen costs
- Foreign candidates may submit their application online
- The applicant must guarantee the legitimacy, validity and veracity of the documentation provided for the award of the scholarship. However, ICETEX reserves the right to verify the veracity of the documents and data contained in the application.
- If the manifest falsity or alteration of the documents provided by the candidate is verified, the application will be immediately rejected, without prejudice to its referral to the Attorney General’s Office, in accordance with the Law.
- The Scholarship Committee, based on the information of the applicants presented, and based on the required application requirements, will proceed to award the scholarships, subject to the availability of resources.
- Academic excellence (30%)
- Coherence between the academic and professional career and the studies to be carried out (30%)
- Professional experience (20%)
- Geographical location of the Colombian teaching center (10%)
- Reciprocity of cooperation of the country of origin (10%)
The last date to apply for Colombia University Scholarship is 12 June 2023.
For additional information, you should contact the ICETEX International Relations Office. E-mail: email@example.com