UMS is a prominent higher education institution located in Surakarta, also known as Solo, in Central Java, Indonesia. Established in 1964. UMS is one of the leading universities under the umbrella of the Muhammadiyah organization, a major Islamic-based socio-religious movement in Indonesia. The university’s campus is situated in a strategic location, covering an area of approximately 52 hectares. UMS is committed to providing quality education with a strong emphasis on Islamic values, social justice, and community development.
Brief description Student Exchange
International Priority Scholarship, also known as IPS, is an Postgraduate scholarship offered by Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta. IPS provides the opportunities for Moslem youths graduated from undergraduate in moslem developing countries.
Level/Field(s) of study
All Undergraduate Program offered in Bahasa Indonesia except Magister Pendidikan Bahsa Inggris (Master of English Education) ehich delivered in English and Magister Hukum Islam (Master of Islamic Law) Which delivered in Arabic. To access further details, please visit this link: [Click here].
The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, living allowance, health insurance, return flight ticket after finish study and Bahasa Indonesia For International Students (BIPA) course for those who wish to apply in Regular Program. The scholarships are offered for 8 semesters.
Number of Scholarships
The application will close on 30 June 2023.
- Tuition fees:
- 8 semester (for Undergraduate)
- 4 semester (for Master Program)
- 6 semester (for Doctoral Program)
- Living allowance of IDR 1,750,000/month
- Books allowance of IDR 50,000/month
- Health Insurance
- VISA fees
- Return air flight ticket
- Tuition fees:
Since some countries do not have embassy in Indonesia it will be difficult for students to extend their passport. Thefore, we highly recommend you to have passport valid minimum 18 months when you apply for scholarship.
What documents are required for International Priority Scholarship in Indonesia?
- Photo with blue background
- Latest graduate certificate
- Latest academic transcript
- English proficiency certificate
- Recommendation letter from the university or supervisor (Visit)
- Motivation letter
- Passport cover (require for TELEX VISA) (Visit)
- Passport biometric page
- Health condition certificate
- Declaration letter (Visit)
How to apply for IPS in Indonesia?
- To initiate the application process, students are required to access the official website of UMS: [Click Here]
- Locate and click on the prominently displayed “Register Now” button.
- It is essential for students to dedicate ample time to thoroughly read and comprehend each field present in the application form.
- Accurately complete all the mandatory fields by providing the requested information.
- If instructed, students should make sure to upload any necessary supporting documents.
- Prior to final submission, it is highly recommended to meticulously review the entire application form, verifying its accuracy and confirming that all required sections have been duly filled out.