Malaysia, a country in Southeast Asia known for its rich cultural diversity and quick economic development, has made a substantial contribution to global development through its strong technical cooperation projects. Malaysia’s policy of sharing its experience and knowledge with partner countries, supporting sustainable development and advancing mutual understanding depends on Malaysian Technical Cooperation (MTC), often known as MTC. With a strong emphasis on capacity building, information transfer, and creative solutions, MTC has become a driver of success in many fields, advancing partner countries and fostering regional collaboration. The focus of this introduction is the substance of Malaysian Technical Cooperation, including its goals, core areas of competence, noteworthy accomplishments, and effects on Malaysia and its partner countries.
The objectives of MTCP
- To share experience with other developing countries;
- To strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries;
- To encourage and promote South-South Cooperation; and
- To encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarship
The Government of Malaysia has launched the famous Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships (MTCS) programme to support the growth of human resources and international cooperation. The MTCS scholarship offers chances for beneficiaries to pursue higher education in a variety of subjects at famous Malaysian universities and institutes. It was created to assist the education and training of people from developing countries.
The programme gained praise for its dedication to encouraging information sharing, cross-cultural understanding, as well as capacity building across participants, ultimately promoting the long-term growth of partner countries. The MTCS scholarship plays an important role in equipping people with the knowledge and skills required to advance their home nations and have a significant effect in their areas because of its emphasis on technical proficiency.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship 2023 for the academic year 2023 is now accepting applications. The Malaysian government provides funding for the MTCP Scholarship. Students who desire to apply for the Master’s Degree programme and complete their degree at Malaysian Public and Private Universities are eligible for the MTCP Scholarship Programme.
For the Master’s Degree Programme, the award is valid for 24 to 36 months. Applicants from developing countries are welcome. IELTS is not required. The MTCP scholarship in Malaysia is fully funded and includes airfare, meals, accomodation, tuition, a monthly stipend, and allowance for books, and any additional expenses. More details about the MTCP Scholarship 2023 are given below.
Details About MTCP Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: Malaysia
- Degree Level: Master (full-time study)
- Who can Apply: Anyone from a Developing Country
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30th June 2023
Financial Benefits of the MTCP Scholarship 2023
Recipients of the scholarship will get;
- Return economy airfare ticket
- Tuition fees
- Cost of living allowance
- Book allowance
- Medical allowance
- Monthly stipend
- Any other fees
Note: Students are responsible to find accommodation on their own before their arrival in Malaysia. MTCP will only pay for accommodation. The successful applicants are expected to arrive in Malaysia latest by the end of October 2023
Fields of Study
Priority is given to courses in the following areas of study;
- Science, Technology, and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, and clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management, and Banking
- Social Science and Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
Participating Countries in Malaysian Universities under MTCP Scholarship 2023
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Malaysia (UNITEN)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
Required Documents from the Applicants
All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and saved in PDF format);
- Application form (fill online)
- Latest Admission Offer Letter from Malaysian Universities for academic intake 2023
- Letter of Recommendation from two referees (format)
- Statement of Intent
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
• Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
• Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
• Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile, the documents must be certified.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- A certified copy of the English Language Proficiency test result (TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ CAE/ CPE/ MUET/ equivalent qualification) or an official letter from the previous institution declaring English as the medium of instruction used for the obtained degree(s)
- Copy of Passport (minimum of 18 months validity)
- Medical examination report (format)
- COVID-19 proof of vaccination
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY with the following
1. Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
2. For Master’s Degree Programme, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent at the Undergraduate Degree level.
3. Proof of English Language Proficiency:
i. Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6) or TOEFL internet-based test (minimum total score of 60); or
ii. Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instruction.
4. Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
5. Applicant must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programmes (Master’s Degree) at the selected Malaysian Universities.
|23 May 2023||Opening of Application|
|30 June 2023||Application deadline|
|Middle of July 2023||Shortlisting process|
|End of July 2023||Invitation for Interview|
|Early August 2023||Interview session|
|End of August 2023||Announcement of successful applicants|
|Late October 2023||Participants Arrival|
How to Apply for MTCP Scholarship 2023
Applicants are required to submit an online application along with all the required documents in the PDF Scanned form. Please give the correct names to the documents.
First, apply to the Above Malaysian University, receive an offer letter then apply for the MTCP Scholarship 2023.
If you want to know about Top 22 Foreign Government Scholarships… THEN VISIT THE LINK BELOW…