Netherlands Government Scholarships! The Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) by the Dutch Ministry is awarding Scholarships for International Students 2023 Program through the Holland/ Netherlands Government Scholarships. A fully funded scholarship program for international students is the Netherland Government Scholarship program. The leading universities in the Netherlands are accepting applications for the Holland/ Netherland Government Scholarship 2023 (Round 1).
The aim of the Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) Scholarship is to help both local and foreign students who are enrolled in Master’s Degree Programs and Bachelor’s Level Short Courses in a variety of fields of study.
About Orange Knowledge Program (OKP)
The Dutch Ministry took the decision to help international students’ financial needs throughout their studies by providing Netherlands Government Scholarships under the First Round for International Students. The OKP’s goal is to support the sustainable, inclusive development of societies and the advancement of humanity as a whole.
About Holland/ Netherlands Government Scholarships
The OKP support at top universities in Holland/ Netherlands has established itself as a hub of excellence in science and education on a worldwide scale and is well situated for exploring the overlap of various educational specialties.
The Holland/Netherland provides scholarships for both short-term bachelor’s-level courses and full-time master’s degree programs. The Master’s Degree Program lasts around 12 to 24 months, while the Short Term Courses last for from 2 weeks to 12 months.
- Host Country: Study in Holland/ Netherland
- Host University: Different Universities of the Holland/ Netherland
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Study Level: Short Courses for Bachelor’s Level & Master’s Degree Program in multiple Fields
The criteria for scholarship applicant are as follows:
- The scholarship applicant is employed by one of the following categories of local or national organizations: commissions or NGOs, secondary or higher educational institutions, universities, or private sector. The applicant of a scholarship may not work for:
- a bilateral or multinational organisation;
- a non-governmental organisation with a global presence and an emphasis on advancing social causes including development cooperation, environmental preservation, human rights, or health.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, due to his or her (1) position, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience, and (3) networks within a theme associated with local development, is in a position to put what he or she has learned into practise or, through his or her employer, could be placed in that position.
- The applicant for the scholarship is a citizen of, resides in, and is employed by one of the countries listed on the OKP Country list (see the document under “Country List for Short courses and Masters – OKP” on studyinholland.nl/okp).
- The applicant for the scholarship has a current ID.
- The applicant for the OKP scholarship has been accepted to the degree or program for which he or she is applying.
- If the local government requested one, the scholarship applicant included a government statement with the application (see the document under “Government Statement Requirement” on studyinholland.nl/okp).
- The scholarship applicant provides evidence that the desired amount of co-funding is available to support the research.
- The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application with a glowing recommendation, confirms that it will continue to pay the scholarship recipient’s salary throughout the program, and offers to provide the recipient with an opportunity to put what he/ she has learned into practise after the recipient returns.
There are limited scholarships available for male and female professionals who are:
- living and working in an OKP country;
- proficient in English or French;
- working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organization after their studies;
- agreeing to the Obligations and conditions.
Please review the following for further details on the basic qualifying requirements: OKP information for applicants
Fields of Study
Please check the given list of available fields:
- Agriculture and environment
- Economics, commerce, management and accounting
- General programs
- Health care, social services and care services
- Hotel, catering, tourism, leisure, transport and logistics
- Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
- Law, public administration, public order and safety
- Mathematics, natural sciences and computer science
- Teacher training
- Costs of Livings
- Costs such as Tuition Fees
- Visa Fees
- Travel Grants
- Medical Insurance
Make sure you thoroughly read the qualifying requirements before applying, and find out if your employer will recommend you for the scholarship.
You can begin putting together your application when you are convinced that you qualify for an OKP scholarship.
Apply by following these steps:
- First find a course or master’s program that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in our study program database, specifying in the search criteria: ‘OKP qualified: Yes’.
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- the course content;
- the scholarship application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution);
- the scholarship application and selection procedures;
- the online application form and the required application documents.
- Prepare your application and the supporting documents.
- Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course. For any questions on the application or selection procedure please contact the Dutch institution directly.
You can only apply for a scholarship during an open application round.
Open application round
- Round 1: submit applications between 8 February – 30 March 16.00 CET for courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024.
- Round 2: submit applications between 28 June – 5 September.
This round is open for applications through education institutions. Please carefully check the deadline of the institution of your choice, as they might set a shorter deadline for the application.
Deadlines per institution
Please note that educational institutions may set a shorter deadline for application. Please consult your educational institution for the exact deadlines.