Rhodes Scholarship 2023 is an excellent opportunity for outstanding people from all across the world to attend the esteemed University of Oxford. It’s a fully financed scholarship programme that has the power to truly enhance people’s lives. The Rhodes Scholarship is not just one of the oldest international scholarship programmes in the world, but it is also supported by the famed Rhodes Trust in Oxford. The Rhodes Trust provides 103 fully-funded scholarships each year to students from abroad.
In 1903, the first Rhode Scholarship was awarded. The purpose of the UK Scholarship for overseas students is to recognise future leaders. The students make friends and learn more about one another as they study together at Oxford for this worldwide postgraduate award. This helps to improve the quality of life for everyone in the globe. Opportunities for full-time postgraduate degrees at the University of Oxford are provided under the Rhodes Scholarships programme.
One of the best institutions in the world is the University of Oxford. It is the best university in the world for research, teaching, and learning. In the UK’s top 10 universities, it is rated first, while it is placed fourth in the QS Global World Rankings for 2023. Currently, the University of Oxford is home to more than 25,000 students from across the globe. 13,044 of them are graduate students, while 12,510 are undergraduates.
A fully financed award for overseas students is the Rhodes Scholarships UK. The fellowship pays for all of the chosen candidates’ costs throughout their postgraduate degree programme. International students have a fantastic opportunity to study for free in the UK. The advantages, eligibility requirements, and application process for the Rhodes Trust scholarship are described in the paragraphs that follow.
Details about Rhodes Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Degree Level: Post Graduate Courses (Masters/MPhil and PhD)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Host University: University of Oxford
- Host Organisation: Rhodes Trust
- No. of Scholarships: 103 fully-funded scholarships for international in UK
- Deadline: Deadline varies from one country to another.
Financial Benefits of Rhodes Scholarship 2023
The scholarship will cover the following expenses;
- Oxford University Application Fee
- Oxford University and Colleges Fees
- Rhodes Scholarship Stipend: £18,180 per annum (£1,515 per month)
- Settling Allowance
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK
- Student Visa Fee
- International Health Surcharge (IHS)
Fields of Study
The University of Oxford’s Rhodes scholarship programme covers a wide range of postgraduate courses. You must take into account important factors while selecting the best course for you at Oxford University.
Countries List of Rhodes Scholarship
The list below includes a number of scholarships along with the names of the countries;
- AUSTRALIA (9 Scholarships)
- BERMUDA (1 Scholarships)
- CANADA (11 Scholarships)
- CHINA (4 Scholarships)
- COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN (1 Scholarships)
- Covering Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands
- EAST AFRICA (1 Scholarships)
- Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi
- GERMANY (2 Scholarships)
- GLOBAL (2 Scholarships)
- HONG KONG SAR (1 Scholarships)
- INDIA (5 Scholarships)
- ISRAEL (2 Scholarships)
- JAMAICA (9 Scholarships)
- KENYA (2 Scholarships)
- MALAYSIA (1 Scholarships)
- NEW ZEALAND (3 Scholarships)
- PAKISTAN (1 Scholarships)
- SAUDI ARABIA (2 Scholarships)
- SINGAPORE (1 Scholarships)
- SOUTHERN AFRICA (10 Scholarships)
- Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE SJLP (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (2 Scholarships)
- UNITED STATES (32 Scholarships)
- WEST AFRICA (2 Scholarships)
- Covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
- ZAMBIA (2 Scholarships)
- ZIMBABWE (2 Scholarships)
Note: If your country is not on the above list of eligible countries, then you are not eligible to apply for Rhodes Scholarships for Masters students in the United Kingdom. Don’t worry, visit ‘Rhodes Global Scholarship UK’ to see the Global Scholarships and inter-jurisdictional options.
- Applicants from the following countries can apply for the Rhodes Scholarships 2023.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2023
Each country has its own requirements for the Rhodes scholarship. Visit the official website, choose your country or region, and start the application process.
We advise reading the Rhodes Scholarships application instructions and online materials available on the official website before starting your application.