University of Canterbury Scholarship 2023! The University of Canterbury, New Zealand offers 277+ different types of scholarships every year under New Zealand Government Scholarships. Centrally managed scholarships and external funding opportunities for international students from all over the world. These New Zealand scholarships, awards and financial support programs offer funded and fully funded scholarships to support both domestic (New Zealand and National) and international students undertaking Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD degree programs at the University of Canterbury.
University of Canterbury
The University of Canterbury is one of the second oldest university in New Zealand. The University of Canterbury is founded by 1873 first as Canterbury College, after the achievement excellent success, it became the first constituent College of the University of New Zealand. Now known as one of the famous university located in Christchurch, New Zealand.
If we talk about it, it is one of the top leading, world class research universities of New Zealand, with inspirational teaching staff with a vibrant campus, the University of Canterbury is one of them. There are all academic fields available for Short Courses, Diplomas, Bachelors, Masters, and PhD Studies. All the degree programs offered by Monash University are in English as the official language of instruction. There are many resources available to help you to adjust the life in a new country and success in your studies.
University of Canterbury Scholarship Programs
There are thousands of domestic and international students are study at the University of Canterbury. It’s not possible for everyone to study at a top class university. They are offering excellent opportunities for worldwide students to support their studies under different financial aid programs. The University of Canterbury has a huge network of National and International Scholarships Program every year.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Scholarships Offered By: University of Canterbury Funded – Government Scholarships – External Funded Scholarships
- Financial Coverage: Funded and Fully Funded
- Study Level: Undergraduates, Master’s, and PhD Degree Programs in all Fields
Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Scholarships by UC
The majority of University of Canterbury Scholarship program require applicants to fill out forms and submit supporting documentation. The selection committee may also invite you to an interview with them. You could be requested to submit the following items along with your application:
- Proof of citizenship or residency status (e.g. birth certificate, passport)
- Evidence of community involvement, financial hardship or ethnic background
- List of referees
- Transcripts or records of learning
- If necessary, arrange any academic or language tests required.
You must confirm that you fulfil any eligibility requirements before to applying. There are several scholarships available that are specifically created for individuals who:
- Are a specific gender, age, or ethnicity
- Belong to a particular indigenous, location specific or other special group
- Have achieved academic or sporting excellence
- Intend to study in a certain field or at a certain level
Fields of Study
The University of Canterbury Scholarship offers a range of degree programs. Undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs in the following disciplines are eligible for scholarships:
Undergraduate Programs list:
- Adventure sport and environment
- Ancient Greek
- Antarctic studies
- Applied immersive game design
- Art history and theory
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical engineering
- Bioprocess engineering
- Business and Sustainability
- Business economics
- Chemical and process engineering
- Chemical formulation Design
- Cinema Studies
- Civil engineering
- Communications and network engineering
- Communications strategy and practice
- Computer engineering
- Computer science
- Criminal justice
- Cultural studies
- Data science
- Digital humanities
- Early childhood
- Teacher education
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Energy processing technologies
- English language
- Entrepreneurship (see strategy and entrepreneurship)
- Environmental health
- Environmental science
- European and European Union studies
- Financial engineering
- Fine arts
- Forest engineering
- Forestry science
- Game design
- Global humanitarian engineering
- Graphic design
- Health education
- Health sciences
- Human resources management
- Human services
- Humanitarian engineering
- Industrial product design
- Information systems
- International business
- Maori and Indigenous health
- Maori and Indigenous studies
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronics engineering
- Media and communication
- Medicinal chemistry
- Musical culture
- Natural resources engineering
- New music
- Nutrition (see strength and conditioning with nutrition)
- Operations and supply chain management
- Pacific studies
- Performance analysis
- Physical education
- Political communication
- Political science and international relations
- Power engineering
- Primary teacher education
- Product design
- Professional and community engagement
- Public health
- Science, maori, and indigenous knowledge
- Social work
- Society and policy
- Software engineering
- Soil science
- Speech and language pathology
- Sport coaching
- Sport science
- Sports leadership and management
- Strategy and entrepreneurship
- Strength and conditioning (see strength and conditioning with nutrition)
- Strength and conditioning with nutrition
- Tauwhitinga maori: maori communication strategy and practice
- Taxation (see taxation and accounting)
- Taxation and accounting
- Te reo maori
- Teacher education
- Tourism marketing and management
- University preparation
- Water resource management
- Youth and community leadership
Masters and PhD Programs list: CLICK
Complete your application
Keep in mind that you want to prove your financial support. You must demonstrate to the selection committee that you have something special to offer. Keep the following in mind while you complete your application:
- Ensure that you have responded to all the questions and include the necessary papers.
- A CV should only be submitted when expressly asked.
- Date and sign the privacy agreements.
- Find out as much as you can about the scholarship-granting institution, and attempt to make your application reflect their mission and objectives.
- Send in your application well in advance of or by the deadline. Numerous applications are sent to the selection panel, which frequently eliminates candidates with harshness.
- Give complete and up-to-date contact information; occasionally, well-deserved scholarships are lost because recipients cannot accept an offer in time because of a mistyped email address or a vacation, and the award is then given to a different applicant.
- Make sure you submit all needed information by the deadline. A birth certificate, academic records, financial data, and/or references could be requested.
- Referee reports are written evaluations of your skills from one or more people you choose. Any academic person who you deem suitable may serve as a referee; they are not need to be affiliated with the University of Canterbury.
- Giving your referees a copy of the rules for the scholarship you’re looking for can also help.
- You are in charge of making sure that referee reports are submitted by the deadline. The Scholarships Office will not follow up referee reports that are absent or insufficient on.
Register with myUC prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Form the official advertisement of scholarship – Official Advertisement
- For complete list of scholarship – Scholarships Filter
Most of University of Canterbury Scholarship are chosen based on your written application and references’ recommendations. However, some may seek interviews. If an interview is required, you’ll be informed by the scholarships office.
The selection committee for each scholarship varies. Normally, the selection procedure takes six to eight weeks, but it might take longer. Once the decision is made, you will be informed in writing of the result.
Scholarships normally open at the start of June, closing August 15, 2023.